Welcome to the MAPS nursery page. We wish you a warm welcome from all of the MAPS Staff team of: Paula, Gaynor, Julie E, Julie B, Laura, Marie, Pam, Rehana, Jessica
The nursery provides education and childcare to children by a qualified and experienced team of staff who aim to consistently improve on our service delivery and practices. The setting actively promotes equality and inclusion and supports children with additional needs and those who speak English as an additional language. Our admission policy covers both purchased and funded places. Hours include full time and part time. We provide opportunities for learning and development that are rich, stimulating and fulfilling, including a lovely outdoor play area.
For fees information please contact the nursery direct.
Please note that a place at MAPS Nursery does not automatically grant a school place at Matthew Arnold School. All parents would need to complete a seperate school application form to apply for a place at the school. You can collect an application form direct from the school. Places in Matthew Arnold Nursery are allocated in application date order.
For further details on child vacancies please contact the Nursery Manager on 0151 233 4913 or the Children Centre on 0151 233 4930.
For further information on other childcare or other family services, you can contact Liverpool Childcare and Family Information Service on 0800 085 2022 or via website
If you are a parent under 20 wanting to learn, support for childcare costs may be available through CARETOLEARN on 0845 600 2809 or visit the website: www.direct.gov.uk/caretolearn
Important Information About The New Tax-free Childcare Scheme
The government has announced that from 2015 the current childcare voucher scheme will be replaced with the Tax-free Childcare scheme which will benefit more parents.
As a childcare provider, you will need to know about the new funding scheme as parents will naturally have questions about the available savings and how their childcare bill will be paid. As it will be down to parents to choose a provider for their Tax-free Childcare scheme account, they may seek advice directly from childcare providers.
The key points of the scheme are outlined below:
- The Tax-free Childcare scheme will save parents upto £1,2000 per year
- It is planned that the scheme will be phased in from Autumn 2015 and should benefit over 2 million families
- Initially it will only be available for children under 5 years of age, and both parents must be in work
- Parents will pay 80% of their childcare bill with 20% from the Government. The governments part will be administered via a voucher scheme
- Parents will have to fund anything over £7,200 per year (£6,000 from the parents and £1,200 from the government)
- This scheme can only be used with registered childcare, and it will eventually replace the current childcare voucher scheme
- The finer details of this new scheme are still to be sorted out
- Watch this space for any updated information!